A proper introduction is needed!
My name is Kortney (with a 'K' and no 'u'). My last name is Fox. Hence the name KFox. Like KFed, but way cooler.
Ever since I was a little girl, I always wanted to be a vet... (did you think I was going to say photographer?) I've worked at an emergency vet clinic for over 11 years. I've enjoyed my job, but now know that it is not my passion.
My always entertaining husband has long, curly blonde locks and can rock a man bun. He bought me my first camera and encouraged me to follow my photography dreams. Though he grew up right here in Northwest Indiana, the rodeo years gave him a southern drawl I swoon over.
Speaking of Littles, we have four of them. They are hilariously entertaining and the ones that inspired me to go documentary style with my photography. Thanks to them I am a Moment-Seeking Ninja!
We live on a farm with dogs, cats, horses, and many barn swallows. We just recently added 16 very opinionated chicken ladies to our family. Though I was hesitant at first, I enjoy their company more than I ever imagined.
Through the spring and summer we farm hay. My job is to hop in the skid loader and accumulate all the bales out of the field. I love this job! I start having skid loader withdrawals over the winter months.
A Few Fun Facts:
- I look forward to fresh fallen snow
- Christmas is my favorite holiday. My living room tree could light up the neighborhood with over 25 strands of lights!
- I am not a coffee drinker (crazy, I know). My mornings begin with a cup of Earl Grey Tea that I have reheated at least 3 times.
- I love the color purple.
- Crafting is my stress reliever. The dining room table never sees the light of day because of this.
- I am the queen of corny jokes. Ask about my muffin joke.
- I am allergic to oranges, but not lemons, limes, or grapefruits.
- Ricky Bobby is quoted almost daily around my house (First or Last, Baby!)
- I can touch my nose with my tongue. Pretty cool, right?
- Every year I photograph a full Day in the Life of our family. This year I chose a Wednesday because some of the most wonderful, ordinary stuff happens that I never want to forget. Check it out below!